五月 14, 2007

Hasn't been in the nicest mode to blog... the Blogger has drive me nuts recently... the editor for new post is not behaving like it should be... weird formatting + weird panel... .something is obviously wrong, and I can't actually edit my posts! -_-


Ok... been to the Microsoft Certified course on Core Data Access today, it was easy -- because today's supposed to be an introductory to the new ADO.NET framework, nothing much was different if compared to the one on framework 1.1...

However, my advice to you all out there is that DO NOT attempt to take any Microsoft Certified course on Visual Studio 2005 if you do not have any prior experience in programming in .net...

There were 5 guys on my class, 2 of them from NTU (they are students, but I do not know where the hell did they have the money to attend such courses), where they do not have programming experience in .net, and they quarrelled with the trainer (who obviously stated that "the course assumes that you have experience in data access, it treats as an upgrade to the new framework, we will not be teaching you beginner's stuff") because "we want to see those drag and drop stuff, i don't want to see these coding stuffs".

To me, the kids obviously came to the wrong place, why on earth does Microsoft certifies them for dragging and dropping data components onto a webpage without writing a single line of code?


That is something I will never understand, why kids nowadays do not know how to appreciate learning opportunities? I've had enormous fun today, as I am not in a pressurized state of mind to learn new things for the sake of new projects, I got to learn things at my own pace and explore the potential usage of new features -- with the help of a qualified trainer that always tell me the standard way of coding -- THAT IS FUNDAMENTAL isn't it?

I mean, we should KNOW how to code before we begin doing those "drag-and-drop" stuffs, isn't it?

没有评论: