五月 29, 2007

The 5 things I discovered about Singaporean guys

They are indeed different from us Malaysians..

5) They converse in Hokkien
According to what I know from the others, guys from Singapore will anyhow learn to speak Hokkien during their NS (National Service) period. In Malaysia, we do not have NS (well, now we have, but I think you will be forced to learn Malay instead of Hokkien), that is why you normally see people speaking Hokkien (still majority of JB people are Hokkien), Cantonese, Hakka, Hainanese...

4) Their topics, when within a group, will always be related to NS
From past experience, when a group of Singaporean guys begin chit-chatting, for some reasons, it will always turn up to be NS-related, regardless of whether there are other ladies or foreigners in the group. One comment I wish to make is that, they like to tell jokes that I personally do not find it funny at all, perhaps I lack the experience.

3) They are relatively immature if compared to Malaysian guys
Put it this way, I do not know many friends that lives in Malaysia, most of my friends and colleagues from Malaysia now works in Singapore, and most of them are very matured in their thinking and had full plans for the future. For those that are not very highly educated (SPM/O'levels), they have plans to further their studies part-time. For those who have been earning a substantial amount for living, they tend to plan for investments -- Not something I see on Singaporean guys in their 20's. I believe this is due to the need of independence from Malaysians working in Singapore -- you are working in other people's country, and you are on your own.

2) They really talk, a lot
I'm not sure if I talk a lot as well, but sometimes they talk so much that you really felt like telling them to stop talking and return you your peaceful time. This is especially true when there are girls around -- So, we must talk a lot to impress huh?

1) Their English is always better than ours
Many people can't tell the difference between a Singaporean and a Malaysian. In this case, judge based on their English standards. You see mine, so koyak, then you know I'm Malaysian liao. :) Also, Singaporean guys like to use chim-chim words, I would liked to use, but I don't know any -.-

没有评论: