三月 06, 2007

Tremor felt

It was 11:54 am, as usual, was msn-ing with a few ex-colleagues while doing my work, when our building suddenly felt a tremor...

At first I thought the building was about to collapse (thanks to many shows and documentaries showing possible shatters before a building collapses)... then CY msn-ed me: "Wah! We here felt the whole building shake!"...

Then only I realize, perhaps its an earthquake?

11:56 am, people began rushing out of the meeting rooms, those seated at their cubicles stood up and gathered together... according to our emergency practices, if the tremor persisted we would need to evacuate immediately.

11:58 am, there were discussions of a possible earthquake in Indonesia, people began exchanging SMSes with friends around Singapore. Suki at Tanjong Pagar didn't feel the tremor, but I deemed it due to the height of the building (she was at level 3, while CY and I were on level 6).

12:02 pm, people began going for lunch, they term it "Semi-evacuation" -_-, and threads and posts on the forum begin to emerge.

12:22 pm, I receive a call from PY telling me she felt the tremor at her office as well, at Level 6 too.

12:30 pm, I found the update from NEA. It was an earthquake on south Sumatra.

12:42 pm, I AM HUNGRY!!!!~~~~~

没有评论: