一月 17, 2007

Course regarding communications skills


Been away for two full days, been busy attending a course :D
I was supposed to take this course after converting to perm..
But SBTL delayed my courses twice because of the MMC project...

Let's put it this way, I will not mention the course,
had the course been totally unfruitful and uneventful.

Instead, I enjoyed two days of relaxed learning and eye-opening skills demo..

The trainer of the course is Mr. Sid Jacobson, he is an expert in NLP..
NLP does not mean Natural Language Processing (in A.I term of course),
it stands for "Neuro-Linguistic Programming"... in short?

Interpersonal skills.

Sid was good. Damn good. He has this charismatic voice and he creates a comfortable atmosphere in which resulted in all 22 participants felt relaxed.

The topics were unbelievable for a technical person like me -- I've never thought that I've had so many problems during communication, and I have never thought that conflicts can be resolved by making the correct choices...

Moreover, topics like "what kind of person are you" and "how assertive are you when a conflict arises" caught my attention, I was introduced to stress management and problem solving through a new dimension -- something I've never thought I was responsible for.

It was fun :D The test on your "DiSC behavior style" is genius, its a pity I can't share with you how exactly the test was carried out (I can't find a free one on the Internet), but I was correctly categorized to the "Stable, Support" group -- another thing that I didn't realize till it was analyzed.

Will be going for another training tomorrow, this time around, it'll be a training on Borland's new content management system... :D

没有评论: