二月 22, 2007

The 5 things which are different from last year's CNY

Woohoooo!~~~~ I'm back from my CNY break!~ This year's CNY was far more relaxing than last year's... See below of the differences I've spotted for this year's CNY!~

5) No relatives came back this year
It was a very very very very very quiet CNY period this time around, as most of my relatives (20 of them? definitely more) came back to Malaysia last year August for my grandma's 80th birthday, none but one of them came back this year...

Although the number of Ang Paos decreased significantly, I still appreciated that we were saved the hassle to visit every one of them and sit there oddly watching the TV and engaged in meaningless conversation like --

"So, where you working now?"
"Oh, NCS."
"Same as last year?"
"Ya."
"Ah hahahaha, I see."
"Ah ya lor... hahaha"

*Cold end*

4) Lots of Mahjongs this year!
Hadn't had enough MJ last year, this year around I've been playing MJ for 3 full nights, although we (PY and I) lost RM 12 in total (thanks to her, I think i've lost 20+ and she won some back for me), I've had great fun playing MJ.

MJ was one of my favourite "sport" (if you call that sport -_-), wahahahahaha.

3) Big Ang Pao this year!
As I have stated previously, the number of Ang Paos decreased as at least 5 or 6 uncles/aunties did not come back this year... but we still received more money than last year :D

Its because my parent gave us a bigger ang pao this year!~~~~

2) No shopping on CNY!
Last year we had too much time (after visiting so many uncles and aunties), so we shopped for three straight days at the same shopping mall...

But this time around, we didn't shop at all!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ All time were spent at home playing MJ and poker and a bit of blackjack, and we found out that we actually saved more money :D

1) THERE ARE MORE GOOD FOOD THIS NEW YEAR
Last year... as my grandma has aged a lot... her cooking wasn't as impressive as ever... this year, she let my auntie coook, so we had better food. And I get to eat lots of nice (not necessarily expensive) food at home (see point number 2) instead of outside :D

没有评论: