二月 07, 2007

The 5 things I've found out today...

Took a day's leave today -- for no apparent reasons. I just felt like resting, but it wasn't like resting physically, just pulling myself away from work. It had been months since I did something so... unrelated to work.

5) I can still play basketball
Went to play basketball for an hour or so... I just found out that I managed to make 50 free throws in 78 attempts. That is good for 64%. I used to hit around 70%, and I thought I'd be much worse than that after such a long time.

Oh yeah, and I didn't feel tired at all, thanks to the stairs climbing (yes, its one of my new year resolution, and I've been climbing the stairs at least once everyday...)

4) There are nice people around me
I had breakfast/lunch at 11 am @ McDonald's, it was very surprising to find out that people actually clear their own leftovers before they leave. I observed for 20 minutes and found out that all the 4 groups of people cleared their own mess (by throwing the leftovers into the dust bin and returning the tray).

I cleared my own too, for the first time =)

3) If you treat house chores as something fun, you'll feel fun
I used to hate house chores are from hell -- they are time-consuming and you will always need to do it again and again (...and again and again...)...

But I looked from another angle today, and surprisingly, I had fun cleaning the house, mopping the floor and even washing the toilet :D

How? Not sure leh, it's just in your mind, switch to the right mind :D

2) There's nothing better than a day off from work
And I mean a full day off from work. I only replied an SMS from jensen today regarding a question, and I wasn't even thinking of work for the whole day, its amazing!

I used to think about work all the time -- during holidays, off times, at home, at work...

Now, in order to keep myself fresh (the mind of course), I find out that leaving work where it belongs to is the best way :D

1) I can read a novel REALLY fast
I spent 1 hour the previous night reading this novel, and today I managed to complete this 400+ pages novel in less than 3 hours, impressive eh? I was quite shock too, but when I'm totally engrossed in reading, I can read REALLY fast! :D

没有评论: