九月 29, 2006

Sometimes they're just too cute...

Wendy had something to discuss with me today, please read the below conversation:

(W for her, V for me)

W: VT, I need to brief you about the CDR, you got time or not?
V: I cannot say no right?
W: You have something on now? I only need 30 minutes.
V: Yes I have something on, and I cannot say no right?
W: Of course you can, what are you busy with?
V: Oh, I am helping Jeffery checking his migration of the DB, got a lot of problems.
W: Like that ah, then... next Monday... sigh...
V: I do not have a choice but to let you brief now, right?
W: No la, not like that.
V: Then can we do it next Monday?
W: Just half an hour, cannot ma?
V: I told you I do not have a choice! No matter what I say, in the end you still die die want to brief me today right?
W: I brief you today, but you no need to do today ma.
V: Whatever.


Moral of the story: If people asks you "Do you have time?", most probably they're out of courtesy only. No matter how you push, they will still achieve their objective eventually.


As such, I actually preferred the way how TL communicate with me... although its still funny.

TL: So VT, all these changes can do or not?
VT: I say cannot also no use right? Die die must finish before tomorrow correct?
TL: Ya.

Don't get me wrong, I respected the above conversation because it saved me 2 minutes of precious coding time if compared to the first conversation with W :)

没有评论: