九月 19, 2006

External Meeting

Ah.... I guess I will never understand the full meaning of such meetings. Well, I must say that I am quite unfamiliar with external meetings (ie. meeting with vendors or potential customers)

Yesterday I went to SMU to have a meeting with the sales manager and engineers of Sanyo, as they are exploring possiblities of a new projector module into our system...

First, my boss and I did not bring any namecards, jia lat la.. the Sanyo people (5 of them) all gave us their name cards... my boss and I so paiseh T__T

then, during the meeting, talk very less but laugh a lot, is it always such case when it comes to external meetings? Just keep on laughing can liao, although I don't know where's the laughing point(笑点) T__T

In the end, my boss still teach me why just now all the while he's been 打太极-ing with the sanyo ppl, its because our company has a deal with NEC, and Sanyo's distributor is our competitor, in which was two sales executive on the sanyo side (3 from sanyo, 2 from our competitor)...

He say "jia lat la, we develop and change our system to suit for sanyo ppl to come in, and then smu don't buy equipments from us but buy from our competitor, how to die?"

-__- politics... so chim...

the manager from SMU who held the meeting was my boss during the SMU time (he left for SMU after this project completed), also played a lot of 太极 on his side T__T


Conlusion: I will never get used to this kind of meeting, so hypocritic.

没有评论: